You Know You Will
This is one of those songs that came quickly to Cheryl.
Cheryl explained that when she is writing a song, she sometimes starts with the melody, and then writes the words. (Sometimes the opposite happens.) When working on the melody, she often sings nonsense lines to indicate the general form of the line, what vowel sounds she wants, etc.
Cheryl decided to try to write this song by using whatever lines came up while she was playing it. The song seems to be about dealing with the changes in a relationship.
I find it amazing that this is how the song came about. It sounds great, and the lines seem to hang together pretty well. There are probably songwriters who might try for a long time and not come up with as good a song. Cheryl performs You Know You Will on YouTube.
- You Know You Will
- Words And Music By
- Cheryl Wheeler
- She might slip out the back door
- Just might be what you came for
- Street lights blinkin, shinin
- You like pullin the line in
- You know you will
- You know you can
- No matter where
- No matter when
- The cards will fall
- Fall where they may
- You've seen it all
- And anyway...
- Sad part, you're gonna find out
- Her heart wasn't a hide out
- Once she's cruisin the inside
- You'll be hitchin a new ride
- Mercy how the days go by
- The sweet anticipation
- Love is just an alibi
- For your preoccupation
- Hard times back on the home front
- Bee lines, here come the new hunt
- Love lorn seems like a pastime
- Once more, just like the last time
- (P) September 13, 2008
- Penrod And Higgins Music / Amachrist Music
- ACF Music Group
- International Copyright Reserved
No song clips available
The song You Know You Will appears on the following album:
- Pointing At the Sun
- by Wheeler, Cheryl