Real November Sky
This is yet another song by Cheryl about the beauties of autumn and Thanksgiving. She even comments about this within the lyrics about how her songbook is getting crowded with autumn songs, but she still needs to write about it. Each year, as autumn rolls around, Cheryl seems to fall in love with the season all over again.
Cheryl bought a tenor ukulele in 2011 and has started writing songs for it. This is one of them. There is a great clip on YouTube that was posted by hahborgurl. In case you don't know, Cheryl's first stringed instrument was the ukulele.
- Real November Sky
- Words And Music By
- Cheryl Wheeler
- December 2011
- A real November sky,
- harbingers of winter
- stop me as if I
- had never seen this all before.
- Somehow one more time
- it's lovelier than ever.
- Southern flight thru slanting light
- along the windy shore
- Though my songbook's getting crowded,
- I cannot shut up about it.
- Every year a moment just so still,
- some austere and ancient whispered thrill.
- Gathered here again
- the grateful and the thankful,
- to praise the past
- and raise a glass
- to all the here and now.
- Like the light I guess
- there's something in the angle,
- a piercing thru, a clearer view,
- a reckoning somehow.
- Pies are done and supper's roasted.
- Possibly I could get toasted
- watching all the crows and cardinals fly
- out across the real November sky.
- (P) December 6, 2011
- Penrod And Higgins Music / ACF Music Group
No song clips available
The song Real November Sky appears on the following album:
- Cheryl Wheeler Live
- by Wheeler, Cheryl