My Heart Still Wants You
This is an old song that Cheryl started performing in early 2006. Here is the story, based on several people telling me what Cheryl said during a show.
Cheryl and Kenny White had three weeks off. They got talking, and realized they had known each other for around thirty years. They decided to resurrect a song from that period, and this is the one they picked.
- My Heart Still Wants You
- Words and music by
- Cheryl Wheeler
- What can I do if I'm crazy for you
- And there's no place to take this affection?
- What can I say if you're lookin' my way
- And I can't face the thought of rejection?
- Many times I've needed love, many times been blue
- Baby all I need right now is just a part of you
- So I'll go and lay my head, in an empty old apartment bed
- Tell me heart, what are you tryin' to do?
- Where do you go when your heart's sinkin' low
- And it can't find another direction?
- Just how do you forget what you've never known yet
- If it's all been just dreams and projection?
- Oh I know the ropes and rules, I'm just one of those hopeless fools
- 'Cause I cannot keep you off my mind, all the time
- And sometimes I hate to see what my heart has done to me
- Here I am now singin' cryin' the blues
- What can I do, I'm just crazy for you
- And there's no place to take this affection
- What can I say I've tried so hard to look away
- But my heart still wants you
- On my heart still wants you - and what can I do
- Oh my heart still wants you, wants you
- March 7, 1978
- Penrod And Higgins Music / ACF Music Group
- (p) March 14, 2006
No song clips available
The song My Heart Still Wants You doesn't appear on any recordings